POETRY BOOKS AND CHAPBOOKS
You may order Jo McDougall's books from the following sport betting online independent bookstores:
- Under an Arkansas Sky, Tavern Press. Portland, OR and Salt Lake City, UT. 2010. (Chapbook)
- Satisfied with Havoc, Autumn House Press. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2004.
- Dirt, Autumn House Press. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2001. 3rd printing, 2006.
- From Darkening Porches, University of Arkansas Press. Fayetteville. 1996.
- Towns Facing Railroads, University of Arkansas Press. Fayetteville. 1991.
- The Woman in the Next Booth, BkMk Press. University of Missouri-Kansas City. 1987. Reprinted 2000.
- Women Who Marry Houses, Coyote Love Press. Portland, Maine. 1983. (Chapbook). Check Amazon.com periodically for availability.
Poems published in journals such as Arkansas Review, Arts and Letters, Columbia Poetry Review, Controlled Burn, Court Green, Fourth River, Georgia Review, Hudson Review, Kansas City Star, Kenyon Review, Louisiana Literature, Margie, Midwest Quarterly ,Natural Bridge, New Letters, New Orleans Review, North American Review, Poetry East, The Quarterly, Salamander, and others. Poems in online bet tanzania publications and websites such as Ad Astra, American Life in Poetry, Broadkilll Review, Ghoti, 2River, mipoesias..
ESSAYS AND MONOGRAPHS (Selected)
WORK IN ANTHOLOGIES AND REPRINTED (selected)
- Excerpt from Daddy's Money, a memoir. Arkansas Review Spring 2009.
- “In the Land of Onion Sets: A Poet Pays Tribute to the Influence of Flannery O’Connor.” The Flannery O’Connor Review. Volume 4. Summer 2006.
- “Of Time, Place, and Eternity: Ted Kooser at the Crossroads.” Midwest Quarterly. Vol. XLVI. No. 4. Summer, 2005.
- “Excerpt from Daddy’s Money, a Memoir.” Salamander. Vol 10. No. 2. 2005.
- “Letter to a Young Poet.” Midwest Quarterly. Vol. XLIV. No. 4. 2003.
- “A Place Called Talk.” Somewhere Apart . University of Arkansas Press. May 1997.
- Roots and Recognition: Where Poetry Comes From. Monograph. Pittsburg State University. 1994. Contact Jo McDougall to Order.
- The Working Poet: 75 Writing Exercises and a Poetry Anthology. Scott Minar, ed. Autumn House Press 2009.
- For, From, About James T. Whitehead: Poems, Stories, Photographs, and Reminiscences. Michael Burns, ed. Moon City Press 2009.
- Wenn ohne Grun die Nacht schon ist. (The Berlin Anthology, international literature festival berlin). Ulrich Schreiber, ed. Verlag Verwork 8 2009.
- Form III Shorts (Norfolk Academy). Jake Cohen, ed. Copley Custom Textbooks, XanEdu Custom Publishing 2009.
- The Poets Guide to the Birds. Judith Kitchen and Ted Kooser, editors betting tanzania. Anhinga Press 2009.
- When She Named Fire: An Anthology of Contemporary Poetry by American Women. Andrea Hollander Budy, ed. Autumn House Press 2009.
- Joyful Noise: An Anthology of American Spiritual Poetry. Robert Strong, ed. Autumn House 2007.
- The Sixth Surface: Steven Holl Lights the Nelson Atkins Museum. J.M. Rees, ed. topo|graphis press 2007.
- Making a Poem: Some Thoughts About Poetry and the People Who Write It. Miller Williams, ed. Louisiana State University Press 2006.
- Chance of a Ghost. Gloria Vando and Philip Miller, editors. Helicon Nine Editions 2005.
- Good Poems for Hard Times. Garrison Keillor, ed. Viking 2005.
- The Autumn House Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry. Sue Ellen Thompson, ed. Autumn House
- New Century North American Poets. John Garmon et al, editors. River King Press. 2002.
- The Made Thing. 2nd edition, Leon Stokesbury, ed. U. of Arkansas Press 1999.
- Somewhere Apart (collection of essays by Arkansas residents). Compiled by the staff of the Arkansas Times and the staff of the University of Arkansas Press 1997.
- A New Geography of Poets. Edward Field et al, editors. U. of Ark. Press 1992.
- Patterns of Poetry, An Encyclopedia of Forms. Miller Williams, ed. LSU 1986.
- Daddy's Money - University of Arkansas Press.
- Steven D. Schroeder's Poetry Recommendations -- "The Boys from Brewer Bottoms" in Natural Bridge.
- American Life in Poetry -- Arizona Daily Star from April 16, 2006.
- Volume 9, Numbers 1 and 2 -- Salamander, A magazine for poetry, fiction, and memoirs.
- Volume 10, Number 2 -- Salamander, A magazine for poetry, fiction, and memoirs.
- Berlin Festival: literaturfestival.com
- "Two poems by Jo McDougall" -- New Letters -- Also see archives within site.
- Review of Court Green and Jo McDougall's "The One Horse Store" -- NewPages.com, Literary Magazine Reviews.
- "At Frog's Trailer Court" and "The Guest" -- webdelsol.com.
- From Darkening Porches and Towns Facing Railroads -- University of Arkansas Press.
- Denise Low, Kansas Poet Laureate: AD ASTRA POETRY PROJECT #5 -- Denise Low Blog.
- "Summoning the Lost", Jo McDougall -- mipoesias.com, David Trindad Edition #2.
- "House" by Jo McDougall -- Ghoti -- Vol. 1, No. 1, Poetry.
- "Mercy" by Jo McDougall -- Sally's Druthers.
- "Two Poems by Jo McDougall" - 2River.
- Writer's Almanac -- See Archives.
- Cara Brookins -- Several mentions.
- KCUR - Interview.